3.08.2008

Moving Forward

The month of March is going to be filled with a focused effort on engaging the community of Hyde Park.

I will be attending a workshop with the Hyde Park Town Council on March 17th. Spoke with town supervisor Pompey Delafield two weeks ago and he has graciously provide this opportunity.

I spoke with Liz Rogers and John Paxton of the Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce. At present we are finding a moment when I can attend their monthly breakfast to speak with their members.

I've also spoken to Philippa Ewing with the FDR and Vanderbilt National Park Sites. In her role organizing public relations for the park site, she is excited to hear about the project and will be supporting its efforts. We will be meeting to talk about how connections can be made between the project and the park system.

In a one week, I will begin to hand out posters and mail cards out to local business and residents.