4.19.2008

Connecting the Past and Present

Thus far, I have been receiving numerous images of places in Hyde Park, many of which no longer exist. This had made me think a lot about how our environment evolves. Sometime for the better and sometime for the worse.
As one of the major goals for this project is to bridge the past and the present, I have decided to make a specific response to these images. What I plan to do is re-photograph the sites, allowing me to connect two moments in time. This idea is not something that I can take credit for. There have been a multitude of photography projects that have used this technique to document the urban structure of a place. What I think is interesting about is that makes apparent the effects the people have on their community and how the urban fabric is always shifting.