5.14.2008

A night at the Drive In

As the Hyde Park Drive In Theater has opened for the season, I went over last Sunday to see a film. The comic hero cliffhanger, Ironman, was showing in the early slot and I very much enjoyed seeing the movie from the comfort of my car and at the concession stand. Though, I was more interested in the people at the space and the site than anything else.

I had an amazing time. Met with Barry Horowitz, the gentleman that runs the drive in. His family has been running the space since the 50's and he was very excited to here about my efforts with the project.

I also spoke to Ida, the woman who runs the concession stand. She also expressed great interest in the project and was willing to donate some material.

My efforts continue to come across interesting people like Barry and Ida, who make Hyde Park extremely interesting.